The one thing to get away to

Friday, February 4, 2011

Now wasssssup

Grammar.  Can't stress it enough. Probably the one thing that annoys me completely.  Whether someone is speaking or even through the simplest thing as a text.  It is one of my  pet peeves.  What sparked this you may ask, "I knows..."
I may have my mistakes here and there.  My father grew up in Bridgeport and I grew up listening to his B-port slang talk.  Like when my dad would call to me and my brother, he'd yell out "Yous guys..."  Or his way of saying "There is nothing there" would be, "There ain't nothing." One of my favorite words. So I have some bad habits. 
Now when someone needs to ASK a question, that's what it is. It's ASK not AXE. And the word "for" can not ever take the word "so".  It is not "I need to finish my chores FOR I can go out," it is, "I need to finish my chores SO I can go out."
Now texting.  There are just too many to correct each one.  So let's just make a list first. Y, K, O, YOUR, ITS, L8R, CYA, TOO, TO, 2, R, IDK, IDC, WAT, WASSUP, GNIGHT, GOTCHU, GONNA... I'll just stop here for now.    People also use these words in emails, which they even send to teachers.  Either we're just too lazy to type/talk correct or people in the 21st century are slowly forgetting the English way of communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment