The one thing to get away to

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Need more than just existance

Everyone has or will ask themselves this question: “Why do I exist?”  After all, we were put here on this earth for some reason, right?  All this schooling, hardships, achievements set forth, accomplishments and just overall experiences were not just put there for any reason, right?
We all want a reason to live.  In fact, we all NEED a reason to live or else you would hear about millions of suicides happening daily. 
But as for me, I do not know exactly why I am here yet.  I doubt that people on this earth hundreds of years from now will even recognize the name Courtney Barrios.  Although, I could care less about my name being known to all. 
As of right now, the one thing I hold important to me is being a role model to people who come to me for help or even just for the girls on the grammar school volleyball team which I assist coaching.  I believe that I can influence them positively and lead them down a path of clear thinking from right and wrong.  At least that’s what I hope they acquire from me…
Small influences will add up and actually help develop that person.  If I could help be a part of someone’s development, I believe that is one thing worth living for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment